Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Are all humans assholes by default???


Even before answering that question, here goes a disclaimer.

This post is not for the weak minded!!! So, please don't come back to me and crib about how you hate yourself after reading this :P

I might sound like a moron myself, but still, here are my 2 cents on this.

First things first, anonymity shows the real characterisitics of a person. So, incase you are in a chat room logged with NOT your original name and particulars, then you wouldn't care a damn about anyone will you? Now, you might try to convince yourself saying, "I am just having a bit of fun myself!". But, thats entirely untrue, if you were trying to have fun and pull someone's leg, then why in some cloak, why not in the open.

To add weight to my point, I quote an instances of me being bad :P. Yeah, right, I too am a part of this human race :) Getting back to where I left it eh!

Incident #: *This is slightly modified in order not to give away the actual incident and my job ;)

I was happily riding to my friend's treat and am slicing my way through traffic. Agreed that I am a fast driver, that doesnt mean I am rash. And that too I dont want to get killed, forget injured just becoz the other guy in the car was talking (on his phone what else?) to his darling about the diamond ring that he is going to present her OR better messaging her "I love you!!" all the while looking into his brand new mobile phone and forgetting that he is amidst heavy traffic (welcome to bangalore).

So, cutting the crap out, this guy almost killed me and the pillion. It was my 6th sense which must have guided me not to overtake and instinctively braked for no reason. And the very next moment he swooshes his car in a zig zag pattern and speads ahead. At this point of time, I had my heart in my mouth and I could taste BLOOD in my mouth. So, what I do?

As any normal human, I abused him so aloud (he can't hear it though) that the oncoming traffic on the other lane responds to it. Luckily, the guy in the car didn't hear and later (in the next signal) I realised that he was from my company ;) So, there goes one!

Incase you have been thinking about how mean people are in a chat room or even in a hotel, where you don't know him/her, this is my answer to it. Anonymity brings out the person's real character. No kidding dude!

No comments: