Monday, February 20, 2006

Controversies for Attention - Here's one more!

I was reading up a bit on the internet and on every other page across sites, there was this exuberance about India’s triumph against Pakistan. Agreed that India is a good team, but it still has a long way to go in order to become a great team.

Amidst all this, if you take a look at any cricket specific site like http://www.cricinfo.com there are better stories than our very own people. Controversies attract everybody’s attention and that is exactly what the Kangaroos are up against the proteas. To my horror, Mark Boucher is wooing fans to take on the Kangaroos. I still don’t understand the case in point. Is it because, the proteas had testing times (very tough though!!!) out in Australia? Even then, I am strongly against this!

And now, there is another controversy that our very own articulate and obstinate Ricky Ponting is stirring up. He is going to use the same Kookaburra bats that have a lining of black graphite at the back. I gather this gives the batsman an undue advantage. “I GUESS, NOW WE KNOW HOW THE LITTLE MAN SCORES SO MANY RUNS”. Cheater! Cheater! Cheater! Anyways, no more comments on the same!

Coming to yet another controversy that the invincible team of WI’s in 80’s, I was shocked to read about the behavior of Mike Holding and Clive Lloyd. Gosh man, read this article. There were around 20 wrong decisions by the umpires during their 2 test matches against the Kiwis. And a guy in the WI’s management went on to claim that they had to get a kiwi batsman out 9 times, before he is asked to leave. Gosh! Read a full length story at http://content-ind.cricinfo.com/columns/content/current/story/237606.html

Alright then, I am hearing to the great MJ’s “I just can’t stop loving you!” Any time, anywhere, I am still his loyal fan for all his great music!!! Hats off MJ!

No comments: